2007年11月23日 星期五

Thanks Thanksgiving.

Our juicy Turkey!
Turkey is the most common main dish of a Thanksgiving dinner,
that's why Thanksgiving is also called Turkey Day.
The USDA even estimated that about 269 million turkeys
were raised in the country in 2003, about one-sixth of which
were died for a Thanksgiving dinner plate.lol
The use of the turkey in the USA for Thanksgiving just because of
a turkey could feed more than a chicken,XDDD
therefore it's a more cost-effective feast.Acturally it remains
me of the old Chinese proverb:
"People are afraid to be famous as well as Pigs are afraid to be fat"

Of course I went to Freda's place again!Claire and Russ are
very hospitable hoster and I always meet some nice friends
from other countries there!

In the pics I just pretended that I made the dish,lol
actually I was sick the day before the big day and
lay on my room all day long...It's a tragedy that I missed
the preparation for my first Thanksgiving in US!
Claire and Russ's house is still so lovely with a lot of nice
friends there and with a lot of merry atmosphere.
Willy, my classmate in PSU.He told me he would stay home alone
in his house at thanksgiving night.It's irrational to stay alone
in the big day so I asked him if he wanna joining us,
he accepted immediately and did have a wonderful time with us.
After the dinner, on the way to our midnight shopping,
he just told the others again and again:
"Freda's host parents are really great!Much better than mine!"
Becky, Joyce and Micro arrived the night before the big day
and helped with the preparation.I really hope that I had
joined them...It must be very intersting...lol
Claire drenched the turkey with its juice and Russ carved
it into pieces of meat.Claire said American always puted the
turkey juice into mashed potato and make it better.Russ told us
them sometimes called those people who was a little foolish
"Turkey"! Then, a Chinese guy just declared:
"A turkey is carving a turkey!" XDDDDD

The Thanksgiving dinner, of course, is really really
wonderful.Freda's Korean friend cooked a super good food
called "bulgogi"(?).I amost finished one third of it...>//<
Becky made the great "tea egg" as well as sweet apple dish.
I have to say that Becky just has the talent for cooking,
how about become a chef in the furture?I suppose you will
become a successful cook!
Claire said that the organic turkey wouldn't make you
sleepy, however I still felt sleepy sice I ate "TOO MUCH".XDD
I had forgetten what we talked during the dinner time but
still remeber we laughed a lot all the way.
The lovely desserts!I have to announced that the Cheesecake
that Claire made is "super" "extremely" "international" delicious!
I have to lose weight but I can't help myself to eat one piece by
one piece!Of course the Chocolate cake is great also!


After dinner we played some games as usual,
I didn't join the brick game cause I played the card game
with another group...but I heared that they had to
write a word by their buttocks if one lost the game...XDD

Thanks again to Claire and Russ for giving us such a
wonderful Thanksgiving night.^_^
Thanks Freda for inviting us and thanks to all the friends there
to spend a wonderful night with me.Thanks to god to bring
all of you guys to me,Amen.