2007年10月30日 星期二

Cross cultural conflict and adjustment.

The street.

okay, I wanna taking nothing about Cross cultural conflict and
adjustment but my "SUPER FATIGUED" spirits recnetly.

yeah, I read a artical about culture shock or something like that,
and were attacted by the diagram:




I suppose I really experience both elation and depression
in a very short period...

You know, as the first day I arrived,there is a high level
of interest and motivavtion..the beautiful street,
the wonderful park and campus,I wanted to become familiar
with them as well as the the new city then.

However, well....Something do influence my emotions in
a negative way now,I can not exactly point out what it is
but I feel sad, I feel tired, I feel hungry,I feel spleepy all the time....
Well,is it a kind of culture shock?
Or just out of my personal problem, I have no idea yet.



And the article also offer some typical symptoms of
having problems adjusting to the new culture,
such as "Homesickness"," inablility to work well",
"too much eating, drinking, or sleeping",
"Lack of ability to deal with even small problems"..

Intersting.

I don't oversleep cause without enough time but
I do eat a lot, drink(?) a lot, get fat and feel badly.Well,
the article also point out the best way to overwhelmed
the problem is"Develop social relationships",
but develop social relationships takes times,
and I have no time. I need time to study,
I need time to do my homework,I need time to
prepare TOEFL and GRE, I need time to sleep and
I need time to relax,yes what I mean is
I need leisure time to enjoy myself.



Still I need time to go out and develop social relationships
with people from all over the world and tired out then.



Maybe it's really the time to adjust my footstep
to fit in with the new life.